Request for Open Records -In compliance with the Open Records Act a public information request must be in writing to the governmental body you believe maintains the documents.  However, your written request needs to be for information already in existence. Click here... to download the Request for Records form. 

Drilling & Production Permit Application Click here... for a Permit Application. Please see District Rules on permit applications and exemptions, or contact the District office with any questions. 

Permit Application Instructions

  • Submit the Gonzales County Underground Water Conservation District permit application to the District.
  • The District will provide, Per Rule 24, a Notice of Permit Application for the two wells.  Upon receipt of this notice, you are to publish it in the newspapers of the largest circulation in Gonzales and Caldwell Counties at the earliest publication date after receipt of the notice.   
  • You must also sign and mail the provided letters and the attached copy of the Notice of Permit Application to your adjoining landowners within seven (7) days of receipt of the notice.
  • You must provide evidence of the newspaper publication and landowner mailed notice to the General Manager of the District within twenty-one (21) days of your receipt of the notice.
  • Once the permit is published in two of the largest publications in Gonzales and Caldwell Counties the 30 day Public Comment Period begins at the Date of the Last Publication. 
  • After the 30 day Public Comment Period is complete the Permit Application will be added to the Next Regular Board Meeting Agenda. Regular Board Meetings are held on the second Tuesday of every month unless otherwise noted.  

Transportation Permit Applications- Click here... to apply for a Permit to Transport water out of the District. 

Notice of Intent to Drill a Test Well- Click here... to Notify the District of Drilling a Test well please complete the form and return to the District office.  

Well Registration FormClick here... to register an exempt well please complete the form and return to the District office. 

Mitigation Request- Click here... to request an inspection for mitigation on a water well please complete the form and return to the District office.